Interested in? Read and then contact immediately TerraNEON!!!!
European Democracy: Awareness to Inclusion
3rd – 10th December 2007
In this Exchange you will have the chance to meet young people coming from different youth organisations of Portugal, Greece, Belgium, Estonia, France, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania and Spain. We are confident that all these diversity and experience of the group, with the guidance of the team, will lead you to amazing days of learning, discovery… and enjoyment.
Therefore, please, read the following information carefully!
Aims and Objectives
The main aim of this Exchange is to promote youth cooperation and citizen participation developing skills and competences in the beneficiaries regarding their awareness of European democratic issues.
At the same time, the exchange aims to proportionate to the youngsters an opportunity of mobility and active experience in a non-formal learning.
With this exchange Gabinete de Desenvolvimento Associativo e Cidadania will promote cultural diversity, values of citizenship and intercultural learning.
The seminar has the following specify objectives:
• Improve quality of Youth exchanges;
• Inclusion of young people with less opportunity into the Youth programme;
• Improve the skills, qualifications and personal development of the participants;
• Innovative character of the working methods, themes and target groups;
• Increase the knowledge of the European Citizenship and democratic behaves
The programme of the seminar will include different elements such as:
• Group Building (Introduction, get to know each other, team building, trust exercises);
• Cultural Diversity (Cultural Identity, Concept of Citizenship, Intercultural Sensitivity, Perception);
• Intercultural and Citizenship Dialogue;
• Participation (empowerment of youth & developing forms of participation, civil society and the role of multipliers);
• Project Development (several stages going through the programme);
• Evaluation and Follow up.
“European Democracy: Awareness to Inclusion” was designed to create a space were participants will have the chance to experience and reflect upon activities and concepts related to citizenship education, intercultural learning and cultural diversity based on experiential learning approaches.
The exchange was also designed as a space for mutual learning, where participants exchange their approaches to training and compare cultural and democratic situation across Europe in a dialogical intercultural approach and environment.
The previous experience of participants, in the formal and non-formal sectors, will be the starting point of the programme and of the learning process.
The exchange will be developed in English.
Every day we will make a leaders meeting to assure the good development of the exchange.
THE LEADER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR GROUP!
The following trainers compose the team:
• Mrs. Rosário Pires (General Coordinator)
• Ms. Claudia Ramos
• Mr. Marco Santos
• Mr. Telmo Rodrigues
• Mr. Bruno Ramos
December is the ending of Autumn. The weather is cold but the temperature situates between 11º - 15º Celsius
Participants are expected to arrive on Monday, 3rd December, before 4 pm, at Lisbon airport.
The departure will be on Monday 10th December, before lunch.
Rua Manuel Neves Nunes Almeida 7 -
Montijo 2870-352 MONTIJO
Lodging will be in double, triple or four people rooms with bathroom included. All the meals are included.
How to get there
We have a bus waiting at Lisbon airport until 4 pm.
Reimbursement of Expenses
The 70 % of travel expenses are reimbursed. Participants must choose the cheapest travel option by plane (APEX, PEX fares). The organisation only reimburses public transport costs. No taxis will be reimbursed.
Accommodation before or after the activity is permitted only if it is impossible to get a flight on the correct day. This must been approved by the organization at least 2 weeks prior to the activity.
• We are going to pay an insurance here in Portugal, so do not make any more insurance because we won’t reimbursement.
• Each leader group have to bring ALL financial documents to get reimbursed. (INVOICES; Passport and ID photocopies)
• Your travel expenses will be reimbursed only upon presentation of documentary evidence of the sum actually paid (original invoice, copy of credit card slip, etc). We will make a photocopy of the tickets you still will need to return and will keep the originals of ones you have already used. We also need original boarding pass and other original tickets (train, bus...)
• Electronic tickets will only be reimbursed on receipt proof of payment (invoice, copy of credit card slip, etc) and on presentation of the boarding pass for the outward journey.
If you provide GDAC with all the necessary documentation (invoices, original boarding pass and bank details) you will be reimbursed by bank transfer at the end of the seminar. Do not forget to fill down the bank details form and send us back.
What to Bring with you?
• Elements from your country to share with the rest of participants in the European Cultural Evening (food, drink, music, etc.) You will have the kitchen and 2 hours to cook;
• Bring a traditional “game” from your country;
• Examples of Active Citizenship in your country.
• Presentation of your NGO and country should not be prepared in power point.
To Know More About Montijo:
To Know more about Portugal:
Still interested in??? More questions? Contact TerraNEON immediately!!!!!!!!!!